The operating system is required to display the DoD approved system use notification message or banner before granting access to the system that provides privacy and security notices consistent with applicable federal laws, Executive Orders, directives, policies, regulations, standards, and guidance. This ensures the legal requirements for auditing and monitoring are met.
System use notification messages can be displayed when individuals log in to the information system. The approved DoD text must be used as specified in the DoD CIO memorandum dated 9 May 2008 (see the check text for required wording).
From either the Work Space or Personal Space, while holding the Power button, select "Lock" to lock the device. Ensure "I've read & consent to terms in IS user agreem't." is displayed on the lock screen. Otherwise, this is a finding.
On BlackBerry Device Service:
1. To open the command window for the BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 User Administration Tool, on the computer that hosts the tool, on the taskbar, click Start >> All Programs >> BlackBerry Resource Kit for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 >> BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 User Administration Tool.
2. Type besuseradminclient <credentials> -set_owner_info -u <user_name>.
3. Perform any of the following actions:
• To specify the owner name to display, type -name "<name>".
• To specify a single line of text, type -info "I've read & consent to terms in IS user agreem't.".
• To specify multiple lines of text using an input file, type -infofile <filename>.
NOTE: This fix procedure affects both Personal and Work Spaces.